My name is Pat, and I am a 35 year old guy living in New Hampshire with Becker Muscular Dystrophy. I am a full time music teacher, percussionist, and also have my masters in counseling. I teach middle school band, love music, life, travel, and my friends and family. I also blog.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Moeschen Goes To Washington

Hey everyone-
This week I went to Capitol Hill along with Roger Clemens and Bono. Too bad I didn't get the same press! Anyway, I met up with 118 people from around the US to lobby Congress for Muscular Dystrophy funding. It went well, and I made many new contacts in offices from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are pushing to re-authorize the 2001 MD Care Act, which expired in 2006. Though it is still being funded, we need to keep the momentum going to keep the research funding alive. You can help to see that this is passed!
You can check on the status of co-sponsorship on the following website www.thomas.gov. Just fill in the bill number and check the status. ( S. 2618 H.R. 5265 )

If you don't see your Senator or Rep listed, please email them, and ask them to support the bill.

Thank you. Together, we will win this fight.

1 comment:

Scotty A said...

Look out guy... I'm back in the neighborhood!
I see a hang in your future!