Life in Moeschen!
My name is Pat, and I am a 35 year old guy living in New Hampshire with Becker Muscular Dystrophy. I am a full time music teacher, percussionist, and also have my masters in counseling. I teach middle school band, love music, life, travel, and my friends and family. I also blog.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
This week I went to Capitol Hill along with Roger Clemens and Bono. Too bad I didn't get the same press! Anyway, I met up with 118 people from around the US to lobby Congress for Muscular Dystrophy funding. It went well, and I made many new contacts in offices from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are pushing to re-authorize the 2001 MD Care Act, which expired in 2006. Though it is still being funded, we need to keep the momentum going to keep the research funding alive. You can help to see that this is passed!
You can check on the status of co-sponsorship on the following website www.thomas.gov. Just fill in the bill number and check the status. ( S. 2618 H.R. 5265 )
If you don't see your Senator or Rep listed, please email them, and ask them to support the bill.
Thank you. Together, we will win this fight.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Brady, Moss, and the Pats offense should also break some records.
How can they go wrong when their nickname is the "Pats" ??
sweet times to be a Boston sports fan.
Josh. this one's for you.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
1. I am a person that others want to be around.
2. I can be difficult to deal with and work with
3. I set very high standards
4. I inspire others
5. I hate the phone and talking on it
6. If I don't call you back, it's not you, it's me.
7. My family is amazing and wondedrful
8. My family is my grounded center
9. If you cross me hard enough, I will remove you from my life forever.
10. It takes alot to do 9
11. Drums are my passion, as well as music
12. I know a little bit about alot of things.
13. I may never walk again, and that's ok. there are worse things that could happen.
14. The Red Sox are going to give me a heart attack
15. I want the best for every student that has ever been in my class. I care about all of you very much.
16. My classes are fun, and a good time for most younglings
17. I love Enfield, NH
18. I will travel more in 2008
19. I love good, engaging conversation
20. I may never be married. So? who says I have to?
21. My body is slowly betraying me, while my mind is not.
22. The worst year of my life was 1993, the best has been 2007.
23. You may be reading this, but you don't know me as well as you think you do.
24. I could write a book and bury many people.
25. Many people could write a book and bury me.
26. The last day I walked without help was November 7, 2002.
27. Building my own house was a great call.
28. I will always have a job working with kids. I love them.
29. Muscular Dystrophy may not be cured in my lifetime.
30. I over-achieve to prove to myself that I am alive inside.
31. I consider myself very educated, but cannot write as well as I would like.
32. There is so much I want to know, I need more lifetimes to learn it all.
33. I feel that my close circle of friends bring me up, not down.
34. I can be a snob around people who annoy me
35. This is my age, but not the end of my list
36. I consider my looks to be average, but my personality to be above average.